Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Womb With a View

(Ke)  Your nephew



(Kr)  Holy shit!!!!  Did not know this was happening today!!! Oh my God! He looks just like you.

(Ke)  That is what Kory and Joe said. Same pose.



(Kr)  He does.  That's you.  It's too much to process.  That's what I was staring at for 9 months, 36 years ago.

(Ke)  Lucky you.

(Kr)  How many poses until you got it just right?  It's ridiculously exact.

(Ke)  One.  Joe's good.

(Kr) He should do fetus and mother shots.  Newborn with family photos are so passé.  This is where it's at.  How hard are you bawling right now?

(Ke)  I'm not crying right now but when it came up on the screen we were both so overwhelmed.  I cry every time.

(Kr)  My eyes won't let me cry because my brain can't take it in.  I'm about to burst.   I'm never going to stop kissing him.  Never!!  You're going to need a restraining order.

(Ke)  I already have it in place.

(Kr)  You just can't plan for this emotion.

(Ke)  I know, Kreets.  It's so surreal.

(Kr)  I feel like he's mine.  And he will be when I steal him.  But, he's mine now, too.  I'm going to be sick I'm so excited.  I need to keep talking about this.  Stop whatever you're doing with Joe.  He doesn't matter now.  This is about us:  me and my nephew.  And you.  But mostly me and the baby.  My phone freaked out for a second.  What did I miss?  Did he ask about me?  The baby, not Joe.  Again, he's not part of this.

(Ke)  He's aware of that.  He knows his place in all this.

(Kr)  I have a contract drawn up in case he forgets.

(Ke)  The baby asks about you non-stop.  It's always, "Auntie Kreets blah blah blah".

(Kr)  We try to text.  He gets bad reception.

(Joe)  Ok...here's the deal.  I'm running the show now.  Kel's phone died.  I hear you're trying to cut me out of the picture.  I saw the baby mouth, "Kreety Kreet".

(Kr)  You're out!!  Out I say!!!  You'll have visitation privileges, of course, within reason.  And all monies, living expenses, and recreation will be supplied by you.  Otherwise, it's me and that baby nephew.  But seriously I'm so happy for you. You must be so ecstatic to see that face.  But seriously seriously, out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment