Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Great Wall of Chinese Take-out

(Kr)  Our other apartment didn't rent.  I just have to leave it to the Lord to handle.  And by the Lord, I mean Tony at the leasing office.  Praise Tony!

(Ke)  Trust in him.  And so it shall be done.  What happened with the renter?

(Kr)  Her co-signer needed a co-signer. 

(Ke)  Oh, geesh.  You got anyone else lined up?

(Kr)  Nobody else lined up.  Just hoping that sucker rents by the 1st.  Having two apartments is way too cool for us. 

(Ke)  You're pretty big time.  It just seems lazy and boring to have two places in one city.

(Kr)  The travel time between places alone.  It's like jet-setting, but no jet.  And no setting, to be honest.  When you guys are here next, we gotta hit up happy hour across the street.   I'm talkin' cream cheese wontons for $3.

(Ke)  I'd pay $4

(Kr)  I'd pay $30.  Because I want 10 orders.

(Ke)  Well, you do have two apartments, so the world is your cream cheese wonton.

(Kr)  Why didn't I think of that a month ago?  An apartment with wall-to-wall cream cheese wontons.

(Ke)  Why not a year ago?  Or five years ago?

(Kr)  Didn't have two apartments a year ago.  And I need one to store red wine, silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment