Friday, October 15, 2010

Hospit(al)able Accommodations

(Kr)  Hi, it's the Kreets.



(Ke)  Kreets!!!  Why didn't you call me?  Remember the whole "let family members know when you go to the emergency room" conversation?

(Kr)  Didn't happen until 1.

(Ke)  So what led up to it?

(Kr)  I had a bad asthma attack last night leading up to this morning.  Called Dr. Purkin.  They got me in.  Sent me to Dr. Taback.  He said to admit me.

(Ke)  Your breather is broken? Vic Tayback?

(Kr)  Yep, he's making me a burger.  There were no beds so going through ER was the fastest way to get a bed.

(Ke)  Yipeskins.

(Kr)  Didn't feel fast.

(Ke)  It never does.

(Kr)  I think he admitted me because I was a crying mess, hadn't eaten or slept.  Plus the whole breathing thing.

(Ke)  Are you in the psych ward?

(Kr)  Feels like it.  There's a woman screaming "can somebody help me"?

(Ke)  Your new roommate?

(Kr)  I only hope.  Company would be nice.

(Ke)  I wish I could give you a nice loose hug.

(Kr)  Me, too.

(Ke)  You should have planned this for next weekend so I could.

(Kr)  Miss my sissy.

(Ke)  Miss you, Kreets.  Get some sleep.

(Kr)  Love you.

(Ke)  Love you so much, Kreets.

(Kr)  I found my Golden Girls.  It's like you're here with me.  I wish my IV was chocolate milk.

(Ke)  But then you'd be missing the most crucial part.

(Kr)  Which is?

(Ke)  Um...tasting it?  Der.

(Kr)  Watching it pour into my arm would almost be enough.

(Ke)  We both know that's a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment