Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Reality Show Within a Reality Show

(Ke)  I think Joe is watching The Bachelorette in the living room.  Alone.  And it's not like it's just on.  He had to go into the recordings to watch it.

(Kr)  This is priceless information.

(Ke)  It's been confirmed.  He's catching me up about Bentley.  He "hates Ashley".  She's an "airhead".

(Kr)  I'm in awe.  Is he ashamed?  Or proud?

(Ke)  I mean, he is watching it.  Not reluctantly with me while messing with his phone or falling asleep.  On the elliptical, glasses on, focused.  There is no shame.  Zero.  He's too interested.  Way more than me, which is not at all.

(Kr)  There are no words.

(Ke)  There never are.  He thinks it's cool they get to go places.  He just doesn't understand why Bentley would fly all the way to Hong Kong to tell her he doesn't want to be with herZ

(Kr)  Ummmmm...free trip to Hong Kong.

(Ke)  Good pointZ

(Kr)  Any particular reason you keep putting a Z after every sentence?  I'm watching Going The Distance and really enjoying it.

(Ke)  I have my reasonZ.  What's that?

(Kr)  Look it up, lazy ass.

(Ke)  I will check it out.  From Blockbuster.  Then check it out.  As in watch it.

(Kr)  You're going to run Blockbuster straight into the ground, huh?

(Ke)  Hey, they're doing it to themselves.

(Kr)  They're trying to be sweet by giving you free movies and you're just going to use and abuse.  Real nice.

(Ke)  They want me to take their free movies then not finish them in a timely manner and pay $.99 per day per movie in late fees.  It's working in their favor, believe me.

(Kr)  I'm on your side.  Except I think you return them on time.  Yes?

(Ke)  We have three overdue now and three we returned yesterday that were a day late.  We can't watch 3 movies in a day.  Who are we kidding?

(Kr)  Yourselves?

(Ke)  Correct.  Joe just did a solid hour on the elliptical.  "The Bachelorette carried him through to fitness and weight loss".  He's getting too involved.

(Kr)  He's committed.

(Ke)  He should be committed.  I just downloaded my first book on the Kindle app on my iPhone: Olive Kitteridge.  Nikki suggested reading it.

(Kr)  What's it about?  I know, look it up.

(Ke)  I don't know yet.  And that.  Lazy ass.

(Kr)  For the record, you went to bed an hour and a half ago.

(Ke)  I know.  That's what my eyes are sayingZ

(Kr)  I think those Zs are telling you the right thing to do.

(Ke)  I better listen.  Night now.

(Kr)  Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment