Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fear From Within

(Kr)  I'm about to tell you a true story.  It happened to me, so I know.

(Ke)  Ok, I'm ready.

(Kr)  I was sitting on the couch, not even 10 minutes ago, when I could smell death.  Death, I say!  It was deep and foul and heart-stopping.  Like the devil himself had just waved his pitchfork under my nose.   I thought, "Is this a premonition?  A sign?  Where do I run?  How can I escape this terrifying scent of torture?"

(Ke)  Hold on.  I think I need more chocolate for this.

(Kr)  Yes, child.  Nourish thyself.

(Ke)  I'm ready.

(Kr)  Please hold a moment.

(Ke)  What?  I'm on the edge of everything over here!

(Kr)  Had to refill my wine.  Where was I?  Oh, yes.  I began to question what I had done in this life to deserve such a cruel experience.  I began to fear my mortality and look back upon my existence.

(Ke)  Oh, boy . . .

(Kr)  Silence!  As I tried to control the sobs and screams I could feel emerging just below my soul, I raised my hand to cover my mouth, and realized . . .'twas thine own breath.   Soooooo my bad, sister girl.

(Ke)  I ate an awful lot of chocolate in anticipation of the finale.  Lucky for you I'm too tired to be disappointed.  Oh, and gross.

(Kr)  I've been home all day.  It's my best story.

No comments:

Post a Comment