Monday, November 7, 2011

Hair Careless

(Ke)
 I found this under the sink.  I don't know what to do.

(Kr)  First things first:  does Joe know you found it?

(Ke)  It's sitting in the garbage.  Maybe.  I don't know.  An economy size LA Looks Wet Look Slicking Gel? What was he thinking?  That I'd never find out?

(Kr)  Secondly, does it have an expiration date?  If it expired before 2000, it might be ok.  It's still a terrible judgment call, but the slick look was still somewhat in back then.  If it's a recent purchase, check the internet for a hotline number.  You're going to need professional guidance.

(Ke)  I couldn't get myself to look directly at it.  I can't go through this alone.  Will you be here for me?  Will you?!

(Kr)  I'm here for you.  I know this is difficult.  I love Joe, too.  I can't watch him live his life this way.  Don't look directly at it.  It will only make you angry.  Joe needs love right now, not anger.

(Ke)  I just feel so confused.

(Kr)  I've never seen him slick before.  Never.  And especially not around Bronx.  Maybe it's just something he does alone to decompress.

(Ke)  I want to believe it's over and trust him but if I find more 80s hair products things are going to get ugly.

(Kr)  Ask his co-workers.  Has he ever snuck off during lunch and come back slicked?  He'll probably say he was holding it for a friend.  Stand firm.

(Ke)  He's always clean headed.  Is he rinsing before coming home?  Oh god!

(Kr)  Stay calm.  You have a child together.  My biggest concern is Bronx.  I don't want him thinking it's ok.  I have to work but I'm here.

(Ke)  Have your phone on.  You're my emergency contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment